Christian Community Health Center works with a number of trained professional staff members who are committed to working together to provide you with quality services. In addition to your medical provider, our health and wellness team members include a nurse and medical assistant and may also include: registration staff, behavioral health therapist, counselor, patient health advocate, or case manager—depending upon your needs. You’re at the center of your care. Our team will give you the tools to help you manage your own health.
- Ken Burnett - Chief Executive Officer - Has an extensive background in leading health care and social service agencies at the forefront in providing a continuum of services. Mr. Burnett leads through ingenuity, collaboration and sound organizational practices. With nearly two decades of experience in fiscal, personnel and risk management of government contracts, he has a proven record of community building, advocacy and program development.
Appointed Chief Executive Officer of CCHC in November 2011, Mr. Burnett assumed responsibility for agency operations while guiding and providing leadership for resource development, staff deployment, strategic planning/implementation and the maintenance of a fiscally solvent organization.
Prior to his appointment as CEO, Mr. Burnett served as CCHC’s Chief Programs Officer, providing oversight for Behavioral Health Services, Social Specialized Services, West Side Services and Part A & C Health Care Services. During that tenure he also served as the principal investigator for grants administered through federal, state and city agencies.
Mr. Burnett earned a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Chicago State University and a Master of Science in Human Service Administration from Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies in Chicago, Illinois. He is a Member of the Service Provider Commission Executive Committee for the Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness and the Illinois Primary Health Care Association’s Legislative and Insurance Committees.
- Samantha Oliver-Mitchell - Chief Operating Officer - Earned a B.A. in Industrial Social Work from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg and began her career as an EAP social worker for retail companies there. Her work at the South African National Council of Alcohol and Drugs (SANCA) as an occupational social worker specializing in substance abuse and mental health, led her to becoming the Secretariat for the South African Alliance for the Prevention of Substance Abuse (SAAPSA). There she was the project coordinator for the World Health Organization (WHO) Global Initiative in South Africa.
Ms. Mitchell was the recipient of the 1996 South African Black Social Workers (SABSWA) Scholarship, which allowed her to complete her MSW at Jane Addams School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Chicago. She is noted as a Bakeman Leadership Institute Master trainer, and her direct and administrative work in mental health, substance abuse, MISA, opiod treatment programs, corrections, HIV/AIDS education and prevention, youth development, child welfare, job development, and alternative school services has afforded her opportunities to participate in international training activities and projects in South Africa, Mauritius, Puerto Rico, St. Croix and Zambia.
In November of 2011 she accepted the exciting opportunity as the Chief Operating Officer at Christian Community Health Center. This role includes oversight and implementation of strategic goals for social service programs, clinic front desk operations, development, MIS and facilities. Ms. Mitchell is an integral part of the executive team, monitoring and reducing organizational expenses and increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. She is a wife, and a mother of four daughters. She enjoys swimming, writing, traveling, and spending time with family as a part of her recreational activities.
- Deborah H. Johnson, Director of Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Yulanda Ross, Controller
- Kristy Konopka, Director of Human Resources
- Coretta Greenlaw, Practice Administrator
- Elaytheia Cain, MIS Manager
- Gordon Martin, Facilities Operation Manager
- Carmelia Love, Revenue Cycle Coordinator
- Katrina Woods, Shelter Manager
- Kaytriona Lewis, Director of Clinical Operation